In today’s social media-driven world it is more important than ever to have a plan to build your brand with customers, prospects, and vendors. Yellow page advertising is no longer the best way to generate customers. Small businesses that focus on creating awareness of products and services in the minds of potential customers become the most successful. Over time, a strong brand can become established and serve to sell your message for you.
Your business’s brand is a message to the group of individuals you wish to reach. A strong brand offers your target market a compelling reason to care about your business.
Establishing a Brand for Your Business
Before you establish your brand, you need to answer a few questions:
- How is our product or service defined?
- Who is our target?
- How can our target be reached most effectively?
Tips for Building a Strong Brand
Here are 6 tips to help you build a strong brand:
1. Create a Strong Web Page
A strong web page easily and effectively portrays your message to interested customers. Your website should include the following:
- Updated Images
- Social Media Links
- Client Testimonials
- Your Vision and Mission
- An Outline of Services
- Staff Bios and Professional Headshots
2. Embrace Social Media
Every business needs some level of social media involvement. You must remain active on the social media platforms from which you choose to market your business. If you are not yet connected to social media, here are a few ways to get started:
- Facebook – Create a business page, post two to three times per week, invite clients and friends to “like” you, and follow customers and vendors. Content should be short and fun. Include links to other resources, provide “how-to” tips.
- LinkedIn – Connect with other business owners. You can add content and links to your web page, other social media, and your blog.
- Blogs –Create short, content-driven articles on issues that are relevant to your business. A blog is a great way to deliver solutions and information to your market.
3. Don’t Stray From Your Core Mission & Services
Remain consistent in your core mission and the services you provide. This allows you to focus on the areas in which you excel while providing a clear message of who you are as a business.
4. Create an Effective Logo
Your business’s logo should be professionally designed to describe what you do. Keep your logo clean and simple, and do not complicate it with excessive words, size, or colors. Avoid using juvenile or elaborate fonts to not confuse your target audience.
5. Provide Great Customer Service
Deliver goods and services as promised and ask for feedback. Having happy customers will reinforce your brand and deliver referrals
6. Get Involved in Your Community
Involve yourself and your business in your local community! A few places to start in this endeavor include:
- Industry associations
- School boards
- Local chambers
Building a brand requires a commitment from every employee regardless if you are a small or large business. While it may require a significant amount of effort and persistence, a strong brand will continue to serve your business for years to come.
LUXA Enterprises specializes in HR services, outsource accounting, bookkeeping, and payroll services. We match up with ideal candidates for services by allowing small to midsize businesses to increase focus on their growth through outsourcing. If you want to know how we can help you, contact us today!