The social media revolution is here. If you’re not already using social media for your business, then you’ve fallen behind the majority of your rivals. Platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn are already helping thousands of companies increase brand awareness, attract new leads, and engage with customers.
The most important thing that social media strategy can do for your business is to create regular interaction between you and your clients. It provides a method of developing deeper relationships with the community you are trying to reach. However, in order to be effective on social media, you must establish a successful strategy for your business.
Benefits of Social Media Strategy for Business
From the small firm to the global giant, building a brand has become an essential element of success. Maintaining a consistent presence over multiple social media networks is important to your firm’s growth. According to Forbes and many other leading business publications, these are some of the benefits of using social media as part of your marketing strategy:
- Branding: The utilization of social media can help you build your brand beyond print.
- Builds a community: Social media strategy allows you to put your product, service, and expertise in front of thousands of people for little to no cost.
- Opportunity: Social media provides an opportunity to widen business contacts.
- Display your knowledge and skills: Through social media, you can provide real content and tools that display your knowledge for clients and prospects.
- Influence: As your social media following increases, your influence grows. This allows you to reach a greater audience outside of your current clientele.
Downfalls of Social Media Use for Business
While there are countless benefits to using social media strategy for your business, there are some downfalls of which you must be aware. Some of the problem business owners face when using social media include the following:
- Social media posts and updates need to be current and consistent. This can take a significant amount of time and effort.
- You must remain aware of privacy issues when posting about your clients or employees on social media.
- As a business, you must develop a social media policy for your company. You may need to review your social media policy with an HR professional. An effective social media policy should include:
- Define what social networking is particular to your organization, so employees know exactly what is meant by the term.
- Assign one person to manage the program.
- Keep passwords protected and changed often.
- Intellectual property rights may also become an issue. Anything developed by an employee while in the course and scope of his/her job should be the property of the company.
There is no doubt that social media is here to stay. As a business owner or CEO, you must introduce some form of social media into your business marketing strategy. While it may look different in each industry, there are countless ways that social media strategy can benefit your business.
LUXA Enterprises specializes in HR services, outsource accounting, bookkeeping, and payroll services. We match up with ideal candidates for services by allowing small to midsize businesses to increase focus on their growth through outsourcing. If you want to know how we can help you, contact us today!